Rotary Involvement With Village Water
We are most grateful for the loyal support of over 50 Rotary Clubs from RIBI and Europe. Many of these are linked to communities in Zambia where the provision of clean accessible water together with a community led sanitation programme has dramatically improved health, education prospects and income generation.
Why should your club support Village Water?
- Village Water delivers a total package of water, sanitation and hygiene education.
- Each village is asked to contribute time, commitment and resources to the project, relative to their living situation.
- Improved sanitation and hygiene are addressed before installing a safe water point – this is what makes the work sustainable.
- Villagers are trained so they can maintain the water point long into the future.
- The staff of the permanent local partner monitor and support every intervention to ensure long term sustainability.
- Visiting Rotarians have been instrumental in chartering the Mongu Rotary Club, the first in the Western Province.
- Village Water are small enough to care and to be flexible in their dealings with donors.
Lessons for Life
- A schools programme devised specifically for Rotarians to support the water and hygiene training within a school.
- A commitment of £3,500 is enough to fund a programme of water and hygiene education for a specific school, which then provides a high level of support to the core community programme.
- The Lessons for Life flyer & Lessons for Life in a nutshell will tell you more.
One Village at a Time
- This is our core programme, where £4,500 is enough for a club or group of clubs to provide safe water, hygiene and sanitation for a specific community.
Rotary Support Timeline - Click here for details
Total - £166,224
If you are part of a Rotary Club, please have a look at the Village Water Project Sheet.
Rotary International Newsletter July 2012 - click here